- Moroccans without land, Moroccans without a country
- Touristes sauvés au sacrifice des citoyens marocains parmi les plus démunis du royaume.
- “Once again the Makhzen didn’t fall short of disregard, indifference, and cruelty.”
- Entretien avec l’Association Marocain des Droits de l’Homme au sujet du Forum
- N’a pas de patrie celui qui vit et meurt sans dignité
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Category Archives: Cases from a police state
by Salah Elayoubi: “What began in early November, as a masquerade with prayers asking for rain, has now taken on the appearance of national tragedy. It’s like the rage of heaven had hit the country, just to punish its own … Continue reading
Very emotional statement from a Moroccan citizen who lost five members of her family in Guelmim due to the recent floods. She’s wondering where all the State officials were to express their grief and support for the victims’ families in … Continue reading
“I have just arrived at the World Forum of Human Rights in Marrakech. First impression: We’re bored out of our minds. There is far too much space for very little visible activity. As usual the authorities wanted to impress by … Continue reading
Why the World Forum on Human Rights should not take place in Morocco: Citizens and signatories of this Brazilian manifesto are entities presenting their rejection….
….to holding the 2nd. World Human Rights Forum in the city of Marrakesh in Morocco from 27 to 30 November 2014. Morocco, organized as a monarchy, is the last country in the world continuing to colonize a people in the … Continue reading
The ASDHOM (Association de Défense des Droits de l’Homme au Maroc) just been alerted by the case of two association leaders who left France to participate in the Forum and who bore the brunt of a obsessively thorough frisking by … Continue reading
“We spent a week traveling around Morocco, exploring history and culture in Tangier, Fez, Rabat, etc. We decided to continue south to Western Sahara, aware of the political conflict and with a desire to see for ourselves what life is … Continue reading
4. Ezzedine Errousi, a student from Taza, participated in a Dec 1, 2011 peaceful student union protest. The university sent local authorities to disperse the protest and Errousi was arrested, stripped, and dragged through the souk to prison where his … Continue reading