The main office of the Moroccan Association of Human Rights has announced that it would not participate in the 2nd World Forum of Human Rights in Marrakech Nov 27-30. “It’s inconceivable that AMDH should be present at this forum in proportion as the repressive measures imposed on the association have not ceased,” explained Khadija Ryadi, who won the UN Human Rights Award for 2013. “A few days from the event, we call attention to a certain lack of transparency with regard to its preparation, we’re getting email from people who have nothing to do with the intergovernmental delegation of Human Rights, and claim to be the organizers of the Forum,” Ryadi went on to say. “The State has not taken into account our recommendations, especially concerning freedoms which are not respected.”
- Moroccans without land, Moroccans without a country
- Touristes sauvés au sacrifice des citoyens marocains parmi les plus démunis du royaume.
- “Once again the Makhzen didn’t fall short of disregard, indifference, and cruelty.”
- Entretien avec l’Association Marocain des Droits de l’Homme au sujet du Forum
- N’a pas de patrie celui qui vit et meurt sans dignité
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets